Skull and Shackles Campaign
Riddleport Area/ Second Darkness Campaign
Gaston Cromarcky, NE male human fighter 7/expert 5 (Overlord of Riddleport)
Elias Tammerhawk: Elias is the leader of the Order of Cyphers, an accomplished wizard who has been elected as speaker of the order for two consecutive eight-year terms. Many whisper that Elias has his eye set on the position of overlord, and Riddleport’s other crimelords worry about the nature of the changes to their beloved city should this event occur.
- Clegg Zincher: (Fights) One of Riddleport’s more notorious crimelords, Clegg runs the quite profitable Zincher’s Arena, a place where anyone can pay to see desperate men fight monsters (or, more commonly, each other). He also runs most of the organized labor in town and wields great power through his ability to call for strikes or ruin competitors through industrial sabotage. Krugeth fought his last fight in his arena, but won his freedom by buying his way out from his slavemaster. Zincher never took much notice of him, but those that work for him have a passing knowledge of Krugeth's abilities. He gauged the measure of the PC's when he paid a visit to Saul's casino, losing much of his bets to Bitchal.
- Avery Slyeg: (Smuggling)The owner of a pricey inn called the River Runner, Avery Slyeg’s true interests lie in smuggling and other black-market operations; it’s said he has agents in two dozen cities throughout the Inner Sea region. Has ties to the overlord, the extent of which are yet to be determined.
- Boss Croat: (Drug Trade) Is an immensely fat half-orc who runs several street gangs and controls most of the trade in illicit substances on the street. He is well known for his habit of employing only half-orc enforcers and has a reputation as a primary contact for the hiring of professional assassinations through his network of hushmen (hired killers). His fortified compound stands at the end of Silk Street in northern Riddleport.
- Elias Tammerhawk: (Information Brokering/ Magical Scams) Speaker of the Order of Cyphers and the most unlikely crimelord in town, is as much a scholar as he is a scoundrel. He’s maintained his position of power in Riddleport through cutthroat manipulation and disposing of rivals, and over time has become the most powerful crimelord in Riddleport—and the most likely candidate for overlord should Cromarcky fall.
- Saul Vancaskerkin: (Casino-based Gambling) He was formerly a major player who incurred the wrath of too many rivals. That he survived is a testament to his tenacity and luck. Now seen as a smalltime operator, his recent acquisition and rebuilding of the Gold Goblin Gambling Hall has been interpreted as a last-ditch attempt to reclaim his former glory. Has been slowly regaining a foothold in town.
- Shorafa Pamodae: (Hospitality) The high priestess of the temple of Calistria, the House of the Silken Veil. Madam to all of the temple prostitutes and patron of the “hospitality industry” throughout the city, she is also the city’s major information broker due to the persuasive skills of her employees and their extensive clientele. An alluring but dangerous tiefling high priestess of the temple of Calistria, Shorafa is also one of the city’s minor crimelords and rules the hospitality industry, from pimps to liquor sales.
- Varnal “Split Face” Knocmar: (Information/Pickpockets) A beggar master who runs a number of small-time cons, street gangs, and pickpockets, as well as some information brokering. He has several hideouts throughout the seediest alleys and slums of the Wharf and Rotgut Districts. He’s particularly sensitive about his cleft palette and goes to great lengths to disguise it.
- Ziphras: (Petty Crime/ Mugging) may just be the leader of a small street gang, but his methods and nature make him uniquely formidable. As a wererat, he and his boys are always on the lookout to recruit willing (or unwilling) members into his gang of lycanthropes. His people patrol the entire Rotgut District in rat form, seeking potential opportunities and marks.
Anton Mescher: Overlord Cromarcky’s right-hand man, Anton oversees the city’s fortress-prison and leads the gendarmes.
Gebediah Krix: Gebediah, rumor holds, consorts with fiends from the Outer Rifts. He runs the Riddleport Light, and does so responsibly enough that the overlord has left well enough alone. Visitors are not welcome here.
Grimas Oltedler: Grimas runs the Velashu Ferry, the only safe mode of public transport over the river. He works steadily through the evening and night but must be summoned from his bed by ringing the ferry bell if one is seeking passage before midday. Prices range from 2 to 6 copper per traveller, depending on the length of the journey up or downriver.
Hyram Crooge: Hyram is a reclusive man who dwells just outside of town on a ledge overlooking the Boneyard. He maintains a constant bonfire for the burning of some trash and dumps the rest over the cliff edge into the marsh below.
Lymas Smeed: This surly man is one of Riddleport’s more notorious moneylenders. Lymas Smeed (if the streetside chatter is to be believed) feeds parts of those who fail to pay him back on time to his alwaysravenous pet baboon.
Ruben Carfay: A retired sea captain, Ruben is the leader of an open-air temple dedicated to the Pirate Queen Besmara.
Old Fish: An underground merchant who comes in and sets up shop up town. He has a variety of unique magic items, though most of his more interesting merchandise will only come after he trusts you.
NPC's and their affiliations with the party
|Name||Description||Boon||Status with Party|
|Saul Vancaskerkin||Just recently, Saul recovered his footing in Riddleport after several years of destitution due to some sort of run-in with the other crimelords of the city. He’s recently purchased and rebuilt the Gold Goblin Gambling Hall.||NIL||Is their employer|
|Samaritha Beldush||A wizard seeking to get into the Order of the Cyphers, gets a job waitressing at the Gold Goblin.||None Yet||Amiable, familiar with Eidos and Bitchel|
|Captain Frenske Vuldar||Captain of the Nightwalker, Krugeth saved him from drowning in a tidal wave.||Free passage (One time) on west coast||Friendly, helpful to Krugeth|
|Arnando Rolf||Arnando is the high priest of the local temple of Cayden Cailean, a bear of a man who is rarely seen without a notched sword swinging at his hip.||None yet||Has started to notice Krugeth|
|Shorafa Pamodae||An alluring but dangerous tiefling high priestess of the temple of Calistria, Shorafa is also one of the city’s minor crimelords and rules the hospitality industry, from pimps to liquor sales.||None Yet||Indifferent, noticing Grumbles' work in the city|
|Lavender Lil||Tiefling prostitute at Shorafa's temple, had some sort of run-in with Zincher and wants him destroyed.||None yet||Indifferent, considers Grumbles a potential aid in her revenge, but still scouting him.|